If you have been a homeowner for some time, then you have probably already given some serious thought to upgrading parts of your lawn at one point or another. After all, each of us likes to think of our home as a sort of personal getaway, so why not make it as beautiful as you possibly can?
Luckily, keeping a healthy lawn has never been easier, and there are literally dozens of ways that you can change its look and feel to meet your personal style or tastes. To help you get started, here are five fantastic ways to upgrade almost any lawn:
1. Use different seeds and grass types. This is an obvious suggestion, but one that often works wonders. That's because certain types of grass are more durable and suited to your climate, and others require varying amounts of sunshine and shade. If you aren't absolutely positive that you already have the best kind of grass for your lawn, talk to a lawn care expert and explore your options.
2. Add grading to your lawn. There isn't any reason that your lawn has to be flat if you would prefer it to have a different shape. In fact, you might just be surprised at how easy it is to dig or add topsoil and create hills and valleys if you have the space (just make sure to check with your utility company first). Adding different surfaces and textures can create interesting looks, and make it appear more natural, not to mention create better drainage throughout your property.
3. Experiment with new shapes and lines. Likewise, straight lines are traditional for most lawns, but adding curves (especially around things like rock gardens, trees, light posts, and other decorations) can add a more casual look to your lawn. Best of all, many of these features are easy to change back, so don't be afraid to experiment with new types of lines on a healthy lawn.
4. Put in new lighting. Few things are more inviting than a lush, healthy lawn, so why not enjoy it during the evening hours? Adding different lights (whether they are functional or largely decorative) is a great way to get more usable space from your property, make your home safer, and be able to enjoy your grass for more of the day. There are even a number of high-efficiency LED options that save you money on utilities every month.
5. Add built-in pathways. Steps leading from a sidewalk up to your house, for example, can give your lawn an interesting look, especially if they are curved or lighted. Beyond their pure aesthetic appeal, they're also a great way to keep visitors off of other parts of your lawn, and an inexpensive way to add to the natural feel of your property.
While we think these are some wonderful suggestions for upgrading your lawn, the fact of the matter is that you are really only limited by your imagination. It's never been easier to improve your lawn, or your property at large, with a few small changes. Talk to a lawn care expert today and you might be surprised at how many design ideas you can actually come up with together.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now